Monday, November 07, 2005

Blogger's Block

I'm off work sick today and I haven't been blogging much because I really haven't thought about how to use this blog as an outlet without venting about work or other stuff that just wouldn't be appropriate for this forum.
So that's why you haven't heard from me lately. We also do our baby updates on another Web site and I like to keep them there.
I also wanted to let some time go by after Rina passed away. While she wasn't someone we were in touch with every day (she resided in the western United States), she checked in with us frequently during Amanda's pregnancy and some afterward. Her death was just so shocking because of her age and we simply just didn't see her as someone who was sickly. I guess it's your time when it's your time.

Christmas list
She's one of four people who would normally get a Christmas letter from us this year who won't be there to get one.
We haven't contacted everyone about Jadyn's birth on our normal Christmas list because we simply haven't had time to generate all the letters needed.
We try to send the letters to people we probably won't see at Christmas, although at least one person who we do see at Christmas has told us to send one anyway. We'll see as we get it together this year.

Treating the ills
I visited a neat practice today to get my medications. A Nigerian-born physician and a nurse practitioner (from the Southeast) have a great little clinic here. They take some different approaches to things and I think it'll actually be fun to go to the doctor. At least it was today.

Yes I AM sick so I'm going to lay down next to the swing (see Jadyn's blog) and keep an ear for her. More later maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,

THe girls and I use the same dr./nurse practitioner. She's the wife of my dissertation director, and I knew her long before I knew him. Small world! We love both of them. What "different" approach did they try with you?

Renee

Paul said...

They seem able to cross racial and gender lines to provide quality care. It was certainly different than what I was used to back in Alabama.