Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Flashing before my eyes

As I approach 40, I notice that I'm thinking more about various times in my life, a collage of various events and circumstances, some of which could have sent me down a different road than the one I find myself on now.
I'm not really doing a lot of navel-gazing, wishful thinking or even second-guessing, but just noticing the people who and things which have shaped the present.
How did I end up in a relatively small town in Mississippi?
What would life be like if this relationship went differently or I was still in that job, or ... ?
I also sense this is a journey of healing - letting go of some deep wounds and leaving some what-ifs permanently in the rear-view mirror.
I love my life on the whole and the people who are closest to me, and I'm grateful to be alive.
I think it's good from time to time to take stock on where you are, how you got there (as best as you can figure it out), where you're spending time and other resources and why and whether you need to adjust your priorities or, at least, let go of the past.
Do your work Lord and let it be to your glory. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great post.