Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Muffuletta Appreciation Society

On a recent trip to New Orleans, I wasn't able to get hold of a muffuletta.
I think I've blogged about this before, but I got addicted to this New Orleans delicacy while living in Tuscaloosa, Ala. and eating at a restaurant on the Strip. I can't remember the exact name of the place and it may not be there in its original form anymore.
But I absolutely loved the things and, over the last few years, have been in search of the perfect muffuletta. On our last trip to New Orleans in 2004, I got a muffuletta at a place which was probably in or near the area that got clobbered by Katrina.
So for not many other reasons than to get a muffuletta at Central Grocery, the place apparently established as the originating source of the phenomenon, I think we need to make another trip to New Orleans when we can do it!

No comments: