Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A slight modification

For some time now, I've been hoping to do something with the phrase "fixin' to" other than use it as the basis for some now defunct, common e-mail addresses Amanda once shared. We hope to launch "fixin' to," essentially, as a Web site sometime in the near future.
But in the interim, I decided to make some changes to this existing site to bridge the transition the old and the new. Granted, there isn't a lot of traffic on this site, at least not lately, but I'm hoping to change this very soon, posting more often and with a bit more of a theme - Southern culture, my exposure to it and how I'm warm to or turned off by aspects of it.
I'm a native Southerner but I married someone who grew up north of the Mason-Dixon line; scandalous, I know.
You get the idea.
So thanks for stopping by now and look for posts marked "fixin' to" as the core of the new approach. Later!

3 comments:

mandy said...

hi.

So... what are you fixin' to do? ;)

Rebecca McCormick (@hotspringer) said...

Paul,
I think your idea of a "Fixin' To" blog of Southern culture will be a hit. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait! I love your writing, especially when you write about things near to your heart and experiences! You have so much talent to offer, and I'm excited to see what you have to share!

-Sassy