Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Temporarily disconnected

Ahh... modern life.
It's strange what we get attached to and what we find important.
For about 15 hours beginning Tuesday afternoon, I felt exposed and otherwise out of sorts when I discovered I couldn't find my cell phone - a little bitty piece of plastic with some fancy electronic stuff and a battery in it.
You'd have thought somebody cut one of my fingers off when I realized it was missing.
Maybe I left it on the charger in the truck.
Nope.
Maybe I left it on my desk at work.
Nope.
Maybe I dropped it before I got in the truck.
Nope.
I began to think ... maybe I left it at ...
A phone call this morning to the place of business confirmed my suspicion, and the folks there kept it safe until I retrieved it.
The lesson?
Keep checking until you make sure you have everything you think you're supposed to have with you, no matter how insignificant you may think it is at the time.

No comments: