Sunday, March 26, 2006

I heart my extended family!

Just a real quick to note to express my gratitude for my extended family. As I've probably mentioned before, when I was growing up, those close to my immediate family didn't include those necessarily closest in kin. In fact, some of our closest "family" wasn't even related by blood or marriage.
That's still true today, though some second cousins on both sides of my parents' family and non-related people have truly stepped in where aunts, uncles and even my parents would be.
And Amanda and I have added to the folks who've been there for my family for decades with our own little hodge-podge of people we consider actual family - even though they're simply good friends.
Thank the Lord that he surrounds us with love, and may we be gracious enough to extend it to others.

P.S. - It must be noted that my in-laws love me as if I was their own and have stood beside us in times of difficulty, uncertainty and transition.

No comments: