Saturday, June 17, 2006

Last post for the night

Nothing major new to report. Phoenix television station websites have videotape of reports from the scene and may have updated their reporting through the evening.
We're running on adrenaline and that's about gone.
Will pass along, either here or through other means, any important details to share.
We last saw them when Chris, Amanda and I went with another friend of the family to see Rush in Nashville on the opening show of their 30th anniversary tour.
Chris and I were both huge Rush fans.
Of course, we still love the faith these two operated by, which led them to Phoenix.
Before I post the more serious things, Chris knew Amanda and I by our nicknames: "Paulina Poriskova (sp?)" for me and "(E)mand(er) Holyfield." I'm sure his nickname for Jadyn would've been just as humorous.
Here are some scriptures and some lines from a fitting Rush song, "Afterimage":
“Suddenly, you were gone
From all the lives you left your mark upon …
This is something that just can't be understood
I learned your love for life,
I feel the way that you would
I feel your presence
I remember

I feel the way you would

This just can't be understood... .”

Isaiah 26:3:

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."

Proverbs 3:5:
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."

No comments: