Saturday, June 10, 2006

Some of my favorite actors

Been thinking about doing this for awhile, at least for myself, but I've decided to share it with blogdom. Recently, I've been basing decisions on whether to see a movie if certain people are in it. Example: I went to see "The DaVinci Code" in part because Audrey Tautou and Jean Reno were in the supporting cast.
This is not in any particular order and I'm sure there are more I'm not thinking about right now. If you want to know more about these people, I would suggest a visit to:
http://www.imdb.com/
And hey, you can help build a little bit of community here by sharing some of your own favorite actors, either on your blog or by posting a comment.
Don Cheadle - Does almost everything with a panache that isn't overstated.
Audrey Tautou - It's quirky and at times, has suggestive material, but loved her in Amelie.
Jean Reno - Sold me in "The Professional," aka "Leon."
Natalie Portman - She's great in almost everything she does.
Tony Shaloub - "Blufftoni!" "Blufftoni!" Some of his lines from "Quick Change," in which he plays an immigrant trying to say that some people got on a bus. OK, you'll just have to see it. And he's super in "Men in Black." And he's Monk.
Vincent D'Onofrio - "The Edgar Suit" in "Men in Black." And he messes with peoples' heads in "Law and Order:CI." He was in "Full Metal Jacket," which I didn't realize.
R. Lee Ermey - Is usually funny when he's not playing a drill instructor, but he's dynamite in his military roles.
Andre Braugher - Sold me in "Homicide: Life on the Street," one of the best cop shows ever. Dug him tremendously in "Frequency."
Tim Meadows - An enormously talented actor whom I'm rooting for in his post-"Saturday Night Live" success.
Liev Schreiber - A great actor whose voiceovers are even better. He's narrated several things including "Mantle," an HBO feature on Mickey Mantle that's simply outstanding.
Pretty much all the "Seinfeld" bunch - Jason Alexander, Michael Richards, Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus. Plus Jerry Stiller. He absolutely cracks me up. Richards has to be one of my favorite physical comedians.
Helen Hunt - Loved her and Paul Reiser in "Mad about You." She's another one who has just a magic touch in her performances.
Tom Hanks - He's a default major actor; I like almost everything he's ever played in that I've seen, including my favorite movie, "Saving Private Ryan."
Stephen Root - He's Bill delaTour Dauterive on "King of the Hill," Milton in "Office Space" ("I do believe you have my stapler.") and an absolute stitch at almost everything he's done.
All the main actors from "The Drew Carey Show." -
Drew Carey, Ryan Stiles (Lewis), Diedrich Bader (Oswald - also awesome in "Office Space"), Christa Miller (Kate), Kathy Kinney (Mimi) and Craig Ferguson (Mr. Wick).
The deceased:
Chris Farley: "I live in a van down by the river."
Phil Hartman: Just a jewel.
John Belushi: He was John Belushi.
That's it for now. Gotta get to some of those chores. Later

No comments: