Sunday, February 25, 2007

Studio 60

OK, for my handful of readers, a tidbit to tide you over until I have more time!
Another decent show apparently may not come back to the Peacock network - "Studio 60." Yes, the writers bashed a pretend version of the American Family Association for effectively squelching creativity. But they also developed a central character, Harriet Hayes, who is a believing Christian, to balance it out.
I thought it was brilliantly written and well acted, particularly by Matthew Perry. I forgot about Chandler Bing.
I tend to like shows which often don't make it out of the first year and they tend to be those with some thought and effort behind the work. "E-Ring" was another one.
Fortunately one exception is "My Name is Earl."
Anyway, I hope they bring back "Studio 60" but it looks doubtful from what I hear. Maybe the next show I latch on to will actually stay on beyond one season!

1 comment:

Len said...

i liked it too but at least I still have Heroes. :-)