Monday, October 01, 2007

Facing the giants

A lot of things have transpired in recent weeks to make me take a closer look at what I do in terms of interacting with others and how they perceive me and making changes to that end.
I've made some progress in taking a different approach to things with these issues, but in some other areas I'm still doing what I've been doing and it's created some problems for me.
I finally have had to face some truth about myself that I've been avoiding for close to 20 years relative to my upbringing. Suffice it to say that things which transpired in our home and in my interactions with my parents still influence my behavior today, even though they've been dead nine and 24 years respectively.
I've got some hills to climb to overcome some of these root causes. Finally facing the truth is a good first step.
I've had this image of God that at some point, I'll have had my last chance to get things right and because I blew all my previous opportunities, he'll say, "Nope, that's it!" as if He is some mean and vindictive game player.
Scripture says otherwise about His character, but I do believe that He sends messages to us through our circumstances. This time, I'm hoping and trusting that I'll pay better attention and start facing the giants.

1 comment:

Rencri said...

Good for you, PAUL! I'll be cheering from the sidelines. I've faced several giants of my own.