Thursday, October 18, 2007

Over too soon

My wife, who does a much better and more efficient job at this whole blogging thing, summed up what happened two days ago. I will say that this pregnancy reinvigorated us with the idea of being parents again, and while I don't understand why things ended this way, I'm learning to trust that there are many valid reasons why things don't happen the way we think or plan, and by the grace of God, we'll try again.
Many wonderful, kind and generous people have expressed their love and support - including calls, floral arrangements and tears of sympathy and watching Jadyn for hours - for us in the last 48 hours.
We feel tremendously blessed to have the friends we do.
From here, I'll let our letter to the baby speak for itself. She already posted this on her blog.

----
Dear Baby,

We found out today that you are no longer with us. We can't tell you how sad we are that we aren't going to get to experience you growing and coming into the world and becoming part of our family. We know that Jesus has other plans in mind for you, and that your brief time among us will somehow bring glory to God if we let it. We all love you so much and we look forward to one day seeing you when we all get to Heaven. Until that time, we know God will take good care of you.

Love,
Mommy, Daddy and Jadyn

2 comments:

Rencri said...

We're thinking about ya'll. Love all three of you!

David said...

Paul, as your brother who has gone through this before, I want you to know that I'm here for you to vent to. I posted something on Amanda's blog also, and I think the verses I posted there are good for both. We're praying for you all in this time. Even though we're a few hours away, please let us know if there is something specific we can do or pray for.

David Rose