Thursday, January 01, 2009

Added thoughts to 2008

Last year (it feels good to say that) wasn't all bad. My Eeyore-ish tendencies will lead one to think this, so let me clarify.
In April, I took Jadyn to her first rock concert almost 300 miles from home by myself. We did just fine. And, in June, we visited family of mine I hadn't seen in going on 20 years and some of whom neither Amanda nor Jadyn had met. On this same trip, I also discovered that Amanda's best friend growing up treats me like she's known me all her life, too, and that's a blessing beyond description.
In 2008, I think we all learned more about our capabilities and Amanda and I are probably getting closer to sensing what it is we should really be doing. So that's not a waste at all.
So far in the new year, I'm trying to focus on seeing the silver lining - or at least reverse the negative lens through which I see things. Even though I'm really tired at this writing, it's working. Let's hope it continues to do so. Happy New Year!

No comments: