Saturday, August 22, 2009

Squinting

Have you ever been in a place in your life where you just want to understand what's next?
That's where I am right now, squinting hard to see the next step to take.
What I don't want to do is push so hard to find this out that I miss what's around me right now.
I'm starting to wonder if like I'm the disciple who says to Jesus: "Show us the father." Christ could have been frustrated in his answer. "Duh! Been there, done that, ya dope!"
But he was more constructive than that.
So I'm going to rebuild that list. You know, the one where you have preferences and trigger points, with the hope the Lord confirms these or shows you new ones.
It could be he shows me status quo is where he wants me to be. And if that's what I see, then I have to be OK with that.
Cuz I'd rather not keep asking dumb questions if I REALLY already know the answer.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Good job, Bro. I find myself in a similar place, where I'm like, Ok God, now what? Where do I go? What do I do? I know that His time is not our time and that in His time He'll reveal His plan.