Saturday, August 01, 2009

They call it Pap's Place

My wife and I moved to northeast Mississippi about five years ago. One of the first television ads we saw in this area was for Pap's Place, a Southern-style buffet restaurant in Ackerman, Miss.
To move toward understanding it, I think you must see some of these ads. Here's one of the early ones. And here's a more recent ad. (I intend no copyright infringement in sharing these ads; I just want more people to see them!)
From early on after seeing these ads, I've wanted the rest of the world to enjoy the good craziness which takes place in these videos and I tried to figure out how to get them captured and uploaded.
I'm glad someone else did.
One of my short-term life goals is for the Pap's Place ads to go VIRAL!
I have several reasons for my twisted pursuit.
The food is great, though not necessarily part of a heart-approved diet. We usually don't go there more than once year.
The atmosphere is just good-ol' down home. Elvis shares a place on the wall of trinkets and goodies along with Jesus.
The folks who run the place are sweeter than the desserts on the bar. They love their customers, regardless of color, age or station in life.
So I would appreciate the help from anyone who's either been to Pap's or is just as intrigued by these ads as I am to lend me a hand and get as many people as possible to see these commercials!
And if you can ever get to Ackerman to see the place, just trust me: It's worth the trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to church with Mrs. Cherry's daughter...my claim to fame! they are sweet people. She's a trip! I had no idea you had discovered Paps. We need to take JJ on the Choctaw county tour. You can watch them make syrup at French Camp, drink water from a natural spring on the Trace, and spend a day at the playground at Choc-Choc ("Choctaw") Lake...as Casey said it as a baby.

--Sassy