Sunday, January 13, 2008

What it's all about (at least in music)

My favorite rock band, Rush, has been been shut out of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, though they are more than qualified.
But that's OK, because they recently got one of the highest honors they could muster. The kids at the Paul Green School of Rock in Washington D.C. (as I understand the inspiration for the movie "School of Rock") recently put on a show of Rush music. They do an outstanding job with some difficult stuff.
I am one of those people who like rock and think it has a place and if we are to continue to hear excellent music, the next generation of musicians should be exposed to the best so they can be inspired to create their own good, solid stuff. That's what I mean when I say this is what it's all about.
I stumbled across this story on Rushisaband.com.
Here's a video from YouTube of the kids' performance of "Subdivisions."

No comments: