Thursday, November 16, 2006

A lot on my mind

So far so good on the blogging for days. I know it doesn't count but that's OK.
Hurting a little for my hometown. I've done service work in the apartment complex where a top floor is gone from one of the buildings in Montgomery.
I bought hundreds of gallons of gas at a convenience store across the street from the skating rink which looks like somebody crumpled it by hand. Thank God the loss of life was limited.

The election
As I try to approach politics from a standpoint of fairness, I want to limit what I say about the results of this month's general election. But I will say that I believe that anything that smells like a withdrawal or a curtailing of our actions in Iraq will look to some in the Middle East as if we are weakening.
I'm concerned they'll see this as an opportune time to attack again. Do I wish for it? Absolutely not!
Revamp the strategy? Yes. Involve a greater number of troops? More than likely. Start a noticeable pullback within the next several months?
Not a good idea.
Sure, it sounds like re-packaging of some bad policy decisions, but I think there's some merit in the notion that the fight in Iraq is the front line in the War on Terror.
Do we want it in Poughkeepsie, N.Y., Manchester, Tenn. or Bakersfield, Calif., just to name some towns in America at random? I think not.
I pray that our leaders understand that a misstep now in the War on Terror could have grave consequences for our nation and that any change in course they make is with due diligence.

No comments: